Friday, November 12, 2010

The Parrot


Joshua is a parrot, meaning that he loves to repeat what we say. He especially likes to do this when talking to Caleb. He does this in a high-pitched, sing-songy voice. Today, it went something like this:

Me: Caleb, do you have a stinky diaper?
J: (In his I'm-Talking-To-A-Baby voice) Caweb, do you have a stinky diaper?
Me: Let's go change your diaper and get a clean hiney.
J: (Same voice) Yes, wet's go change your diaper and get a cwean hiney, Caweb.

As you can imagine, this gets really annoying after a while. I tried to ignore it, but eventually I could NOT take it ANYMORE. So, I told Joshua to use his regular voice and his own words to talk to his brother.

His response:

"Well, my voice just does that when I'm talking to Caweb. And Mommy, you just keep picking all of my favorite words!" Of course it's my fault. It always is.

He tried this again after Matt got home from work. He repeated something, and Matt and I both told him to stop. This time, he said, "They weren't the same words, they just SOUNDED the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment