Sunday, November 14, 2010

Joshua's Friend Abbi


For several days now, Joshua has been asking to have a play date with his friend Abbi. If you know Joshua well, you know that she is his favorite friend. She still lives with her parents in Gadsden, which is about an hour and a half away from us. We used to get together at least once a month, but both families have now added second children. This makes it a little tougher to make play dates happen.

I finally got around to talking to Abbi's mommy and arranging a date. I was telling Joshua when we would get together this morning. He said OK, got a little quiet, and then he said the following:

"Well, when I'm eight, I'm going to go stay with Abbi for twelve weeks. You can come, too. And Caweb. We will all stay at Abbi's house for twelve weeks."

Matt wanted to know if he could still go to work. Joshua informed him that he would be having a lot of "special daddy stay home days", a.k.a. vacation. We asked if Ms. Staci (Abbi's mommy) would be going to work. No, she would be staying home. I don't have a job to escape to, so I guess I'm stuck at home, too. Joshua decided that Mr. Daniel (Abbi's daddy) could go to work and go get our groceries. I'm wondering why he's the lucky one who is allowed to leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment