Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Alpha Bucket



Joshua is star student this week. That means, among other things, that it is his job to fill the alpha bucket. The bucket is an ordinary plastic one that has every letter of the alphabet written on it. They learn a new letter each week, and the star student brings the bucket home and fills it with items beginning with that letter.

So, Joshua's letter is "F". Now, Joshua thinks that anything can begin with "F" as long as you make the "F" sound in front of it. Example: "Mommy, pole begins with "F"! Listen: fffffff-pole." I could go on and on with this idea. Drives me crazy.

Tonight, he told me that there was no "E" on the alpha bucket. I asked him why not, and he replied, "I DON'T KNOW! I think maybe it's tricking me and hiding. Even though I told it not to before it hid. It just didn't listen." That bad old "E". I mean, ear begins with "E", so you'd think it would be a good listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment