Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Who's on First?


This is the conversation that occurred on our way home from school today. For those of you who are from the area, we were driving on Highway 150 towards the Galleria. (This information is helpful later in the story.)

Joshua was telling me about the kids in his class. He said that there was a little girl named Anne, which is a close name to Annie, but not quite.

Me: So, you have an Anne and an Annie in your class?
Joshua: Huh? Just Anne and Annie. No and or an.
Me: What? You have an Anne and an Annie?
Joshua: NO! Anne and Annie. Just them.
Me: (Letting it go) OK.

Then, this is what Joshua had to say, all in a row, just like I'm writing it.

"Sam got on yellow today. He told Ms. Dana a wie. (lie) So we had math jar today. We were supposed to have Alpha bucket, but Ms. Dana forgot. We had cookies in the math jar. I guessed 21, which was close, but there were only 19. Oh, and I'm the calendar helper. I hold the flag, and we tell the weather and the months and the days and the Summer or Winter or Fall. They were Halloween cookies with cats and pumpkins. We'll do alpha bucket tomorrow. Cookies start with C, though. I want to be Sing for Halloween. (Me: What do you want to be?) Sing. (Me, remembering that Joshua often says "S" for "Th": Oh, Thing). Yes, Mommy. What are you gonna be? You've already been a kitty cat, so you have to be something else."

Now, by this point, we had reached the turn to get on the fly over by the Chick fil A, and a firetruck zoomed by.

"Look! A firetruck. And there's the American Flag. (On the Chic fil A roof) And a cow with a person in it! (Outside of Chic fil A) Do you think that is a cow with a person in it, or a person dressed up like a cow? I think it's just a costume. You know, I could be Ironman for Halloween. They have that costume, you know. Do you think I'll get treats? How many? I will have to eat a good dinner on Halloween so I can have one of those treats."

Sheesh. That's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment