Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mickey Mouse is NOT Real, But The Angel Lawn Ornament is


There is this little boy in Joshua's class that he doesn't like all that much. Honestly, I can't say that I blame him. Joshua is generally a pretty good judge of character, and, based on the reports that I hear regarding his behavior, this little guy is not the kind of friend that I want Joshua to have.

On our way home tonight, Joshua was telling me that this boy thinks that Mickey Mouse is real. I'm guessing that this came from the fact that they watched a Mickey Mouse cartoon at school today. Joshua's proclamation was as follows: "I told him that Mickey Mouse is NOT REAL, but he still thinks he is. I told him that animals do not talk, and that they do not walk on two legs. And I told him that they do not wear white gloves. Mommy, I want to invite him to a play date so that you can tell him that Mickey isn't real. Then, we'll just send him home because I don't really want to play with him. I just want you to make him know that Mickey isn't real."

Not ten minutes later, we drove by a house on our street that sometimes has a beautiful lighted angel in their yard. I say sometimes because some days it is there, and some days it mysteriously isn't. I have no idea what that is about. Joshua's thoughts on the subject are that maybe the angel is real and flies away at night but comes back during the day.

That, my friends, is why Mickey Mouse is not real, but the lawn angel down the street is.

No comments:

Post a Comment